I have a confession, and as with all confessions it makes me feel guilty to even bring it up.
Ready?
I think I love baking...MORE THAN I LOVE KNITTING.
This was a shocking revelation for me, as I have been a knitter for many years and haven't had the will to knit much lately. Yes, I love them both, but they are different kinds of love...and since baking is slightly more "instant gratification" in many cases, it is the winner for now. It also has the added bonus of being a "standing" activity, where as knitting is a "sitting" activity. Sitting = napping = nothing gets done.
I have two followers, and I don't think either of them actually read my blog. This is mostly because I never post anything; I tend to use facebook as my blog. This is probably an annoying habit, so I'm going to shake things up. All old posts: Deleted. I have too many hobbies and I love them all in their own way, but I am simplifying. This will be primarily about baking, a little about knitting...I'll try to stop there.
A little about me: I don't really like sweets too much, and I actually enjoy healthy foods. This could present itself as a hinderance for a baker, but I find it very helpful - I can still eat sweets, I understand what tastes good and bad about them, but it allows me to be more objective and not gain too much weight from baking! :) Also, I am a lacto-ovo vegetarian, so it is significantly easier to avoid dealing with meat in baking & pastry recipes. I still cook for husband (Eric) though. But he is wonderful about helping with the meat most of the time. (I have yet to touch a cornish hen, thank goodness.)
So that is that, I needed to re-start the old blog, and with a little push from Julie & Julia I am back on the road to blogging my creativity. Maybe it is a little "me, me, me" - but it is fun to share what I make with more people than just my husband and my parrot :)
And I need a good sign off. I typically end a good knitting email with "Happy Knitting" but this isn't all about knitting...
For now, Happy Crafting! :)
No comments:
Post a Comment